Friday 1 November 2013

So what's wrong with you?

The most interesting thing that happened yesterday was being on a train with a mexican drinking a WKD and a zombie rabbit giggling at something in The Metro. Apart from Halloween and some dough worshipping at Pizza Express, yesterday was mainly full of back and shoulder ache. My constant dull shoulder pain has returned lately and seems to be getting worse as it gets colder. My bag hurts it, opening doors hurts it, lifting the kettle to make cup of tea number 234342 hurts it. Hurt hurt hurt. I complained to my colleague about it who turned and said "you moan about aching a lot. So what's wrong with you?" This was followed by me telling her and her staring blankly at me and saying "maybe you need a massage?" IF ONLY LOVELY FRIEND. If only. (Though I still intend on getting one because why the hell not? I like being rubbed)

I find having to explain to blank faces about my aches and pains maybe the most frustrating part of Hypermobility Syndrome. I was recently in hospital with a nasty recurrent bladder infection and only one doctor had heard of HMS, and actually, to my astonishment, acknowledged that there could be a link. I'm still patiently waiting on this to amount to anything, but at least he knew what I was talking about. I found this yesterday when I was looking for a good detailed description of HMS for a work project.

https://www.pruprotect.co.uk/adviser/disease/hypermobility_syndrome/

I think it sums things up nicely and I have actually printed it to take along to my new GP next time I go, as he was very much in the dark when I told him about my woes.

I am also about to get stuck into this book by Isobel Knight:



I began to read it earlier this year but I was struggling a lot at the time and was in a 'please don't tell me more' mindset. I am now in a 'please tell me absolutely everything' mindset as I am sick to death of finding shampooing my hair painful and would really like to be able to do a breathtaking morning stretch without feeling like my shoulders are going to fall off or have recently caught fire, so here we go.




No comments:

Post a Comment